Whether you’ve been in business for 6 months or 60 years, selling your business can be scary. We hope to alleviate this fear as much as possible on our end.
So here’s our promise at Capital Academy:
If you’re talking to us about a potential acquisition:
- We promise to respond quickly, typically within 24 hours
- We promise to keep all your information confidential
- We promise to never contact your customers, employees, or vendors without your permission
- We promise to be honest and transparent on whether we’re interested in your company
- We promise to give thoughtful but friendly feedback, if you so desire. We aim to give useful and critical advice without being mean or personal.
- We promise to answer any questions you have in as much detail as you like
- We promise to give you a ballpark estimate of what we could acquire your business for as soon as we have enough information. (assuming we’re interested of course)
- We promise to meet any deadlines we set with you or your team
- We promise to give you a rough, ballpark estimate of how much we’d pay for your business in one of our first conversations
If we’re interested in making an acquisition or investment:
- We promise only to make an offer if we intend to follow through on that offer
- We promise to make a fair offer, detailed in plain English as much as possible (we hate legalese)
- We promise not to rush you, or to be the cause of delays
If we acquire your business:
- We promise not to “flip” your business. We’re not looking to make a quick buck.
- We promise to take care of the product. We don’t intend to buy and let the product decay.